Insider's Malaga Tapas Tour
Discover the best tapas & wines on our insider's Malaga tapas tour! Learn why Iberian ham is the world's best, & visit hidden taverns loved by locals.
- A taste of the best authentic tapas in Malaga at off-the-beaten-path places that locals love, carefully selected from Malaga’s countless tapas bars
- Try Malaga's signature fortified wines in a centuries old wine tavern, a 2,000 year tradition!
- Discover our favorite hidden family-run tapas bar where the chef features seasonal local specialties
- Taste the world's best (and most expensive!) hand-carved Iberian ham and meet an expert slicer
- Learn about Malaga’s local culture and traditions and discover the unique gastronomic traditions that make Malaga so special
- Sip on modern-style red and white wines from Malaga, drinks included at every stop!
- Cured cheese and tuna
- Selection of unique and delicious local cheeses
- Sobrasada, a delicious spicy pork sausage
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds in olive oil
- Mojama, cured tuna loin
- Tasting of 3 different types of Iberian ham
- Homemade local artichokes with jamón
- Freshly-fried Malaga anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna stew
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with nougat ice cream
- Sweet Malaga wines poured straight from the barrel
- Dry white wine from Malaga
- Red wine from Ribera del Duero
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas dinner
What to Expect on Your Tour
Malaga is one of Spain’s most beautiful, fun and delicious cities! It’s got everything – mouthwatering ingredients, incredible local dishes and a staggering 4,000-year-long history. So ditch the tourist traps and come taste it all with us on our Insider’s Malaga Tapas Tour! But be warned– this is not your average tapas crawl!
Your 3-hour evening tour will go beyond tapas, giving you an insider’s glimpse into Malaga’s rich culture, traditions, history, food and drink. And because the proud, passionate locals are such an important part of this story, you’ll get to meet the people behind this city’s wonderful flavours.
The evening begins by stepping back in time, as you sip Malaga’s ancient signature wine in one of Spain’s most atmospheric taverns, founded in 1840! Here you’ll taste and learn all about the famous local winemaking tradition, and your guide will bring you up to speed on the ins and outs of doing tapas in Malaga (and Spain!). Next you’ll weave through the streets to the city’s most beloved family-run deli, where you’ll taste local Malaga cheeses and other delights. And what trip to Malaga would be complete without trying Spain’s most famous food – jamón? On this Malaga tapas tour we’ll take you to Malaga’s family-owned jamón temple where you’ll learn about this world-famous delicacy, see the masters slice it and taste the best of the best (these guys have won ham Oscars three times!). And, of course, you’ll pair it with fantastic wine.
Finally, your passionate English-speaking guide will lead you to a sit-down tapas feast at our favorite traditional tapas bar in the city. For over 30 years the same family has run this Malaga institution with love and passion, and it’s THE place for locals who love to eat well. Home cooked tapas, great wine and a knock-out dessert – it’s the perfect finale to your tapas adventure.
But it’s not all about the food! As you eat your way around town, your guide will reveal the story behind the different civilizations – Phoenicians, Romans, Moors and others – who have called Malaga home, as well as the city’s interesting traditions and local culture.
As with all Devour Malaga food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert English-speaking guides. And you’ll get our Devouring Malaga guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Join us to experience the city’s amazing tapas, incredible wine, culture and history – all through a local’s eyes!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Malaga's historic center, full of breathtaking sites and great family-run stores, bars and restaurants!
Rave Reviews for This Tour
The perfect introduction to the city and its customs. We were able to get a good feel for the layout of the city centre, understand the Andalusian way of eating and sample some typical Malagan dishes - all of which were delicious, and quite a few of which we ended up eating again!
Just walking around a vibrant and busy Malaga on a Saturday night was delightful but the tour took us to places you might not find yourself with an overlay of informative and educative detail.
A great little company that we would highly recommend: small enough to have that personal touch but very professional. We're hoping to do the Seville tour next!