Insider's Ham, Wine & Tapas Tour
Discover Malaga's best tastes, fascinating past, delicious tapas and fabulous wine on this very unique evening tapas tour!
- Taste and learn all about Malaga’s ancient winemaking tradition while sipping wine in the city’s most famous age-old tavern
- Feast on the best local tapas prepared by one of the city’s favorite chefs in a gorgeous family-run tavern
- See the must-see sights and learn about the local customs and traditions, so you really get an understanding of Malaga
- Experience more than just tapas, as you make your way around the city trying interesting wines, visiting delis, and more.
- Taste the best black-hoof Iberian ham in Spain and watch how an expert carver slices it
- Sip on modern-style Malaga red and white wines and learn about what makes them special
- Banderilla of cheese and cured tuna
- Selection of unique and delicious local cheeses
- Sobrasada, a delicious spicy pork pate
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds fried in olive oil
- Mojama, cured tuna loin
- Tasting of 3 different types of Iberian ham
- Homemade artichokes and jamón
- Freshly-fried local anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with local icecream
- Sweet Malaga wines poured straight from the barrel
- Dry white wine from Malaga
- Red wine from Ribera del Duero
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas dinner
What to Expect on Your Tour
Malaga is one of Spain’s most beautiful, fun and delicious cities! It’s got everything – mouthwatering ingredients, incredible local dishes and a staggering 4,000-year-long history. So ditch the tourist traps and come taste it all with us on our Insider’s Ham, Wine & Tapas Tour! But be warned– this is not your average tapas crawl! Your 4-hour evening tour will go beyond tapas, giving you an insider’s glimpse into Malaga’s rich culture, traditions, history, food and drink. And because the proud, passionate locals are such an important part of this story, you’ll get to meet the people behind this city’s wonderful flavours. The evening begins by stepping back in time, as you sip Malaga’s ancient signature wine in one of Spain’s most atmospheric taverns, founded in 1840! Here you’ll taste and learn all about the famous local winemaking tradition, and your guide will bring you up to speed on the ins and outs of doing tapas in Malaga (and Spain!). Next you’ll weave through the streets to the city’s most beloved family-run deli, where you’ll taste local Malaga cheeses and other delights. And what trip to Malaga would be complete without trying Spain’s most famous food – jamón? We’ll take you to Malaga’s family-owned jamón temple where you’ll learn about this world-famous delicacy, see the masters slice it and taste the best of the best (these guys have won ham Oscars three times!). And, of course, you’ll pair it with fantastic wine. Finally, your passionate English-speaking guide will lead you to a sit-down tapas feast at our favorite traditional tapas bar in the city. For over 30 years the same family has run this Malaga institution with love and passion, and it’s THE place for locals who love to eat well. Home cooked tapas, great wine and a knock-out dessert – it’s the perfect finale to your tapas adventure.* But it’s not all about the food! As you eat your way around town, your guide will show you the city’s must-see sights, and you’ll discover the different civilizations – Phoenicians, Romans, Moors and others – who have called Malaga home. Grand squares, ancient monuments, hidden alleyways where most tourists wouldn’t know to look – you’ll discover it all! How much food is included? At least 9 tapas, 5 alcoholic drinks (non-alcoholic options available) and dessert. Plenty for a hearty dinner! As with all Devour Malaga food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert English-speaking guides. And you’ll get our Devouring Malaga guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Join us to experience the city’s amazing tapas, incredible wine, culture, sights and history – all through a local’s eyes!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map your tour
Weave your way through Malaga's historic centre, discovering breathtaking sites and soaking up the ambiance of this beautiful city.