Discover Malaga Food Tour
Discover Malaga's culture and cuisine on our walking Malaga food tour! Taste the best local foods Malaga has to offer while discovering great local eateries.
- Malaga’s 10 best local foods and the story of how they fit into the city’s 3,000-year-old history
- Visit the colorful local market where you’ll meet the passionate stallholders who make Malaga so special
- A sample of the local market’s best offerings, including cured meats, Spanish ham, cheeses, olives and more
- An insider look at Malaga’s ancient winemaking tradition while sipping wine in the city’s oldest tavern
- Breakfast just like the locals order it—toast with tomato and olive oil, and freshly fried churros too!
- Learn about the iconic traditions and celebrations that make Malaga so unique in the company of a local expert
- Toast with freshly grated tomato, Spanish extra virgin olive oil and salt
- Freshly fried churros dipped in sugar
- Five delicious local cured meats
- Black-hoof Iberian ham
- Two local cheeses
- Three different types of Spanish olives
- Marcona almonds in olive oil
- Freshly fried local anchovies (Malaga's specialty!)
- Homemade artichokes and jamón
- Coffee (Malaga style!) or tea to start the day
- Glass of traditional local sweet wine
- Glass of red or white wine from Malaga
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us on our daytime Malaga food tour to discover all of Malaga’s local products and specialities. A city known for its incredible food, wine and tapas, there’s no better way to discover it all than through a food tour with us! On this 2.5-hour walk, you’ll discover the city’s secrets, traditions and culture while tasting the very best Malaga has to offer!
STOP BY STOP
Start your day at one of Malaga’s most famous cafés! You’ll try two Spanish breakfast staples—freshly fried churros, and a delicious toast topped with grated tomato, olive oil and salt.
After breakfast, it’s time for a little walking! Not only will you hear the story behind one of Malaga’s main squares and another hidden gem, but you’ll also come to understand the tradition behind the vibrant flamenco dresses you see in shop windows!
Next up, we’re off to the market! No visit to Malaga is complete without a stroll through this market’s buzzing stalls. This is the perfect place to try some of Malaga’s best local products, which is exactly what you’ll be doing. Olives, ham, cured meats, cheese and more!
Next, you’ll visit Malaga’s oldest wine bar to try a regional sweet wine. While you learn about the area’s ancient winemaking tradition, you’ll pair your wine with a delicious tuna and cheese skewer!
Last but not least, you’ll visit one of our favorite traditional tapas bars in Malaga. Packed with locals, you know this place serves great food. You’ll taste a selection of the best tapas offered, alongside a glass of red or white wine.
As always with Devour Malaga tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Malaga mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Malaga like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through Malaga's historic center, filled with beautiful architecture and hidden bars, restaurants and food shops.
Rave Reviews for This Tour
My wife and I came away with a new appreciation and understanding, not only of the history of Malaga, but also how food and drink play an important part of the culture of this beautiful city. Getting to meet the local purveyors and have them welcome us as if we were friends made the trip all the better! Thank you Devour Spain and Susanne for leaving such great memories of your wonderful city with us.
My expectations were high, but the four hours with Susanne exceeded them easily. Each one of the stops was interesting, the food & wine delicious, and our reception warm, even on a busy Saturday
We enjoyed seeing Malaga through the eyes of someone who clearly loves the city, The local people we were introduced to were delightful and their products i.e. tapas and wine (!) were wonderful.