Foodie Feast & Cultural Walking Tour
Experience Malaga like a local on this award-winning food and market tour! From breakfast to lunch, you’ll discover the city’s rich culture bite by bite!
- Spend the morning popping in and out of local, family-run businesses, whose owners are extremely proud of what they do
- Visit a bustling local food market, and meet some of the vendors who've had their businesses here for years
- Experience more than just tapas as you make your way around the city trying interesting wines, visiting local markets and more
- See the must-see sights, and learn about the local customs and traditions for a deeper understanding of Malaga
- Feast on the best local tapas prepared by one of the city’s favorite chefs in a family-run tavern
- Sip on modern-style Malaga red and white wines, and learn why they’re so special
- Typical breakfast of toast with fresh tomato and Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly fried churros dipped in sugar
- 5 different local cured meats
- Spain's famous black-hoof Iberian ham
- 2 types of local cheeses
- 3 different Spanish olive varieties
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds fried in olive oil
- Malaga's famous local raisins
- Homemade artichokes and jamón
- Freshly fried local anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with ice cream
- Coffee (Malaga style!) or tea to start the day
- Glass of traditional local sweet moscatel wine
- Tasting of 3 modern local wines (whites and reds)
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas lunch
What to Expect on Your Tour
Because of its unique location and climate, Malaga is a foodie haven waiting to be discovered! This daytime food and market tour in Malaga is the perfect way to do just that. Between breakfast, a local wine tasting, a market visit and a delicious tapas-filled lunch, you’ll learn all about how Malaga’s rich culture and storied past has shaped the city it is today!
Start the day off in true Malaga style—a traditional breakfast locals love! You’ll head to one of the city’s most classic cafes to try two Spanish breakfast staples—a small, toasted baguette with freshly crushed tomato and olive well, as well as freshly fried churros sprinkled with sugar.
On the way to the next stop, your guide will show you one of Malaga’s most emblematic squares—Plaza de la Constitución—and a few other cultural gems, before leading you to the city’s vibrant local market. While you weave your way through the market stalls, you’ll try local nibbles like almonds, raisins and olives, as well as a selection of Spanish cured meats and cheeses! You’ll pair these tastes with a very traditional sweet wine from the area.
As your local expert guide leads you to your next tasting stop, you’ll see some of Malaga’s must-see sights, as well as some of its best-kept secrets. From stunning hidden plazas to tiny alleyways where most tourists would never know to look, you’ll hear stories of Malaga’s interesting past, and learn just how many civilizations have called this city home!
Next, having already tasted Malaga’s traditional wine, you’ll head to a more modern wine bar in the city to discover which wines locals are drinking more and more of! You’ll taste two white wines and a red!
To finish things off, your guide will lead you off the beaten track and into one of Malaga’s most-loved tapas bars. You’ll enjoy homemade, authentic tapas like freshly fried anchovies (a true local specialty!), and stewed artichokes with jamón. You’ll finish the meal on a sweet note with a traditional dessert!
As always with Devour Malaga tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Malaga mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Malaga like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through Malaga's historic centre, discovering breathtaking sites and soaking up the ambiance of this beautiful city.
Rave Reviews for This Tour
My wife and I came away with a new appreciation and understanding, not only of the history of Malaga, but also how food and drink play an important part of the culture of this beautiful city. Getting to meet the local purveyors and have them welcome us as if we were friends made the trip all the better! Thank you Devour Spain and Susanne for leaving such great memories of your wonderful city with us.
My expectations were high, but the four hours with Susanne exceeded them easily. Each one of the stops was interesting, the food & wine delicious, and our reception warm, even on a busy Saturday
We enjoyed seeing Malaga through the eyes of someone who clearly loves the city, The local people we were introduced to were delightful and their products i.e. tapas and wine (!) were wonderful.