Foodie Feast & Cultural Walking Tour
Experience Malaga's food scene, from breakfast, tapas, markets, and more, while learning about how history shaped this wonderful city today.
- Spend the morning popping in and out of local, family-run businesses that are extremely proud of what they do
- Visit a bustling local food market and meet some of the vendors who've had their businesses here for years
- Experience more than just tapas, as you make your way around the city trying interesting wines, visiting local markets, and more.
- See the must-see sights and learn about the local customs and traditions, so you really get an understanding of Malaga
- Feast on the best local tapas prepared by one of the city’s favorite chefs in a gorgeous family-run tavern
- Sip on modern-style Malaga red and white wines and learn about what makes them special
- Typical breakfast toast with crushed tomato and Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly-fried churros dipped in sugar
- Tasting of 5 local cured meats
- Spain's famous black-hoof Iberian ham
- Tasting of 2 local cheeses
- Tasting of 3 different Spanish olive varities
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds fried in olive oil
- Malaga's famous local raisins
- Homemade artichokes and jamón
- Freshly-fried local anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with local icecream
- Coffee (Malaga style!) or tea to start the day
- Glass of traditional local sweet moscatel wine
- Tasting of 3 modern local wines (whites and reds)
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas lunch
What to Expect on Your Tour
Malaga is the definition of Mediterranean charm, with both sunny beaches and gorgeous mountain views. A true land of plenty, this is one of Spain’s most incredible regions for food and drink– and the locals embrace their food traditions with gusto! From the freshest seafood to one of the oldest wine regions in the world, Malaga is an incredible place to eat your way around town. Join us on our 3.5 hour walking food tour and delve deep into Malaga’s amazing culinary traditions. You’ll receive our award-winning combination of cultural city tour and quality food experience– complete with the highlights of Malaga’s incredible history and plenty of food and drink. As you eat your way around town, you’ll learn all about the different civilizations who have made Malaga’s gastronomy so unforgettable. This morning tour is so much more than “just a tapas tour”– your expert English-speaking guide will take you off the beaten track and into five family-run food businesses where you’ll taste the true flavor of Malaga – from breakfast to dessert. Stops include a traditional Spanish breakfast café where you will start the day like a local, the Atarazanas market where colorful displays of produce create the perfect photo opportunity and the buzz of daily life in the market creates an authentic Malaga experience, an off-the-beaten-path wine shop for a local wine tasting where you will find out why Malaga’s wines are so special, and our favorite traditional tapas bar in Malaga to taste the best homemade tapas that the city has to offer! Along the way, your guide will lead you on a walking city tour of the city’s most famous sites and it’s best kept secrets, from stunning hidden plazas to tiny alleyways where most tourists would never know to look! You will hear stories of Malaga’s interesting past, and see how different civilizations have shaped the fabulous city that we have today. As with all Devour Malaga food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert English-speaking guides. And you’ll get our Devouring Malaga guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Book your Devour Malaga food tour and experience Malaga through a local’s eyes. Meet the hardworking families behind your food, learn the ins and outs of Malaga’s unique food and tapas culture, and let loose with some of the best tastes in town. For 3+ hours of food and fun, come join us!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map your tour
Weave your way through Malaga's historic centre, discovering breathtaking sites and soaking up the ambiance of this beautiful city.