Insider's Malaga Tapas Tour
A crash course on the best Malaga has to offer, from delicious wines and tapas to the world’s best ham and hidden taverns loved by locals!
- A taste of the best authentic tapas in Malaga at off-the-beaten-path places locals love, carefully selected from Malaga’s countless tapas bars
- Try Malaga's signature fortified wines in a centuries-old wine tavern, a 2,000-year tradition!
- Discover our favorite hidden family-run tapas bar where the chef features seasonal local specialties
- Taste the world's best (and most expensive!) hand-carved Iberian ham, and meet an expert slicer
- Learn about Malaga’s local culture and traditions while discovering the unique gastronomic traditions that make Malaga so special
- Sip on modern-style red and white wines from Malaga, drinks included at every stop!
We both really learned so much on this tour and ate & drank some amazing food & wine. We felt so much more confident armed with the information Susanne gave us & we'll no longer feel intimidated by the choices on offer. Worth every penny & cannot recommend highly enough. A must whilst in Malaga.
Really enjoyed the food and all the info about the history of the city and the actual life there. Great guide! The food was amazing and it was great to meet the owners of the places we visited. To do on your first night in town, so you can make use of the tips you'll get on your tour.
The tour stops were expertly chosen. We got a fascinating insight into the food and wine culture of the region as well as the history of the city itself and discovered aspects of both that we would not have come by on our own. Thanks to Flo’s tips and suggestions and what we had learned on the tour, we went back the next day and ate and drank like locals. Highly recommended!
- Cured cheese and tuna
- Selection of unique and delicious local cheeses
- Sobrasada, a delicious spicy pork sausage
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds in olive oil
- Mojama, cured tuna loin
- Tasting of 3 different types of Iberian ham
- Homemade local artichokes with jamón
- Freshly fried Malaga anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna stew
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with nougat ice cream
- Sweet Malaga wines poured straight from the barrel
- Dry white wine from Malaga
- Red wine from Ribera del Duero
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas dinner
What to Expect on Your Tour
On this tapas tour in Malaga, you’ll go beyond the tapas and get an insider’s glimpse into Malaga’s rich culture, traditions, history, food and drink! You’ll see a master ham carver slice ham before your eyes, taste Malaga’s famous fortified wine and discover a hidden tavern loved by the locals! Side-by-side with a local expert, dive into Malaga’s 4,000-year-old history, all while enjoying the best food and drink around the city.
Start the night off by stepping back in time to taste Malaga’s signature wine in a tavern founded in 1840! As you sip, you’ll learn all about Malaga’s winemaking tradition, and your expert local guide will arm you with insider tips on doing tapas in Spain like a local! This delightful wine will be paired with a tuna and cheese skewer.
The next stop is an abacería, a type of general store where locals traditionally used to shop for groceries. While you can still buy things at these shops today, many people come for a drink and a quick bite to eat. While here, you’ll taste two local cheeses, almonds, raisins, quince paste, cured pork sausage and cured tuna.
Next you’ll weave through the streets to the city’s most beloved family-run deli! Here you’ll taste delicious local cheeses, as well as what many consider to be Spain’s most-prized treasure—jamón ibérico. On this Malaga tapas tour, you’ll learn about this world-famous delicacy, see the master slice it right in front of you, and, course, taste the very best of the best! (Seriously, these guys have won the ham Oscars 3 times!) All of these tastes will be paired with a classic red wine.
To end the night, you’ll head to one of the very best traditional tapas bars in Malaga for a sit-down tapas feast! This tavern has been in the same family for more than 30 years, and it’s THE place to go for locals who love to eat well. You’ll enjoy a selection of home-cooked tapas, wine and a knock-out dessert.
Don’t be fooled—this tour is not all about the food! As you eat your way around town, you’ll learn the story behind the many different civilizations who’ve called Malaga home—from Phoenicians and Romans to Moors and more—as well as the city’s interesting traditions and local culture!
As always with Devour Malaga tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Malaga mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Malaga like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Malaga's historic center, full of breathtaking sites and great family-run stores, bars and restaurants!