At Devour Tours our mission is to give curious visitors to Spain a true taste of this country’s culture, history and – importantly – food! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission, passionate about sharing your knowledge for Spain and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions
– Malaga City Coordinator & Guide
Malaga City Coordinator & Guide Needed
Status: Now hiring to start in March 2018!
Do you love Malaga? Do you love food and drink– especially local eats? Can you captivate a crowd, make them listen and make them laugh? Are you highly organized, driven and detail-oriented? Then you might make the perfect Malaga City Coordinator & Guide with Devour Tours.
What we offer: A full-time contract based in Malaga. Competitive pay and benefits and the opportunity to join a fast growing industry-leading company and develop your career in one of Spain’s most exciting sectors. Staff receive friends and family discounts on tours as well as continuous training about Spanish food and drink while working for us.
- – Tour guiding 2-6 tours a week (fluctuating depending on season)
- – Liaising with tour vendors in Malaga to ensure smooth operations and mutual satisfaction
- – Managing a small team of freelance tour guides
- – Researching and identifying market gaps and opportunities for new products (alongside management)
- – Developing on-brand, innovative tours and experiences in Malaga and surrounds (alongside management)
- – Building B2B relationships in Malaga (DMCs, hotels, partners for possible products or tours)
- – Having your finger on the pulse of food and tourism in Malaga and surroundings and growing your knowledge of the local history and local gastronomic/cultural scene
We are looking for someone who…
- – has a high level of English and Spanish
- – is legally allowed to work in Spain
- – has lived in Malaga for at least two years and knows its cultural, history and food scene inside out
- – is comfortable working from remote and has a strong internet connection
- – loves people and has a warm, energetic and outgoing personality and an ability to connect with others – whether clients when guiding or the vendors we work with
- – is extremely articulate, a great public speaker, storyteller, and communicator, whether verbal or written
- – LOVES Spain, its food, and culture! If you know about local food history, have a food blog, or have cooked or been around food professionally, we would love to hear from you
- – doesn’t wait to be told what to do, but uses initiative to do what needs doing and takes personal responsibility for solving problems and producing results
- – is highly organized and extremely detail-oriented and able to complete tasks successfully and efficiently
- – is able to manage simultaneous projects – providing timelines and hitting those deadlines
- – will show creative and organizational flair in building new products and then describing and selling gastronomic experiences to potential clients
- – is tech-savvy and adept at using multiple email accounts, social media accounts, Google calendars, our online booking system l
- – listens to feedback and acts on it
- – is excited about coming up with ideas that can add to growth for the company
- – training/experience in the tourism industry is ideal, though not necessary
How to apply
Please send an email in English to [email protected]. In the subject line include your first and last names and the words “Malaga City Coordinator & Guide Application”.
In the email, you must include:
- – A brief statement (approximately a paragraph) about why you think you’d make a great Malaga City Coordinator & Guide with Devour Tours. Make your paragraph striking and witty – this is your first chance to show us your personality.
- – State any previous experience, studies or credentials that you think would be relevant to your application.
- – State how long you have lived in Malaga.
- – State your level of English and Spanish.
- – State your availability
- – State your age
Please attach to the email:
- – A recent photo in jpeg format (or a link to a video of you if one exists online – please do not attach videos)
- – Your CV in English in either .doc or .pdf format
- – Anything else you’d like us to consider (links to a blog, YouTube channel, etc.)
Before you send the email, please check you’ve included everything we ask for above. Only complete applications will be considered. We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview.
Many thanks for your interest in working with Devour Tours!