Best of Malaga: Foodie Feast & Cultural Walking Tour
Experience Malaga like a local on this award-winning food and market tour! From breakfast to lunch, you’ll discover the city’s rich culture bite by bite!
- Spend the morning popping in and out of local, family-run businesses, whose owners are extremely proud of what they do
- Malaga’s 10 best local foods and the story of how they fit into the city’s 3,000-year-old history
- Visit a bustling local food market where you’ll meet the passionate stallholders who make Malaga so special
- Experience more than just tapas on this Malaga food tour -- churros, wines, cured meats, olives, cheeses, dessert & more!
- Learn about the iconic traditions and celebrations that make Malaga so unique in the company of a local expert
- The best local tapas in town, at one of Malaga's most famous tapas institutions
This tour is an ideal way to experience the wonderful food and culture of Malaga. Cannot recommend enough! Flo the guide was so friendly and her knowledge of local history, events and food was incredible. Great value for money, as I felt we ate and drank non-stop all the way through the tour and discovered bars and restaurants we would never have known about, but will visit again in the future.
Flo introduced us to several local wines and tapas. Made sure to add a dash of history and culture, and seasoned the rest with a bright and warm personality. Definitely a fun day out in a busy city where the cuisine can seem overwhelming if you're not familiar with what's what. Probably the best food tour I've had with a small group and an extremely competitive and worthwhile price.
Visits to individual cafes and the large Mercado Atarazanas were all to owner-operators, longtime natives of Malaga, dedicated to their professions and to the city. Flo's rapport with each displayed a clear mutual admiration and respect. We were treated to the delights of Malaga that the locals enjoy daily and Flo made the experience unforgettable and the highlight of our time in Malaga.
- Typical breakfast of toast with fresh tomato and Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly fried churros dipped in sugar
- Five different local cured meats
- Spain's famous black-hoof Iberian ham
- Two local cheeses
- Three different types of Spanish olives
- Spain's famous Marcona almonds fried in olive oil
- Malaga's famous local raisins
- Homemade artichokes and jamón
- Freshly fried local anchovies
- Malaga-style tuna
- Meatballs with homemade almond sauce
- Traditional homemade Spanish dessert with ice cream
- Coffee (Malaga style!) or tea to start the day
- Glass of traditional local sweet moscatel wine
- Wine, beer or sangria with your tapas lunch
What to Expect on Your Tour
Because of its unique location and climate, Malaga is a foodie haven waiting to be discovered! This daytime food and market tour in Malaga is the perfect way to do just that. Between breakfast, a local wine tasting, a market visit and a delicious tapas-filled lunch, you’ll learn all about how Malaga’s rich culture and storied past has shaped the city it is today!
Start the day off in true Malaga style—a traditional breakfast locals love! You’ll head to one of the city’s most classic cafes to try two Spanish breakfast staples—a small, toasted baguette with freshly crushed tomato and olive well, as well as freshly fried churros sprinkled with sugar.
On the way to the next stop, your guide will show you one of Malaga’s most emblematic squares—Plaza de la Constitución—and a few other cultural gems, before leading you to the city’s vibrant local market. While you weave your way through the market stalls, you’ll try local nibbles like almonds, raisins and olives, as well as a selection of Spanish cured meats and cheeses! You’ll pair these tastes with a very traditional sweet wine from the area.
As your local expert guide leads you to your next tasting stop, you’ll see some of Malaga’s must-see sights, as well as some of its best-kept secrets. From stunning hidden plazas to tiny alleyways where most tourists would never know to look, you’ll hear stories of Malaga’s interesting past, and learn just how many civilizations have called this city home!
Next, having already tasted Malaga’s traditional wine, you’ll head to a more modern wine bar in the city to discover which wines locals are drinking more and more of! You’ll taste two white wines and a red!
To finish things off, your guide will lead you off the beaten track and into one of Malaga’s most-loved tapas bars. You’ll enjoy homemade, authentic tapas like freshly fried anchovies (a true local specialty!), and stewed artichokes with jamón. You’ll finish the meal on a sweet note with a traditional dessert!
As always with Devour Malaga tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Malaga mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Malaga like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Discover Malaga's historic center, passing breathtaking sites and enjoying up the ambiance of this beautiful city.